STAGE THREE - PAINT CORRECTION & RESTORATION DETAIL
dooka's Stage Three - Paint Correction and Restoration Details have been designed for those vehicles with more severe paintwork defects, such as deeper swirl marks, deep scratches that have been inflicted by hand and automatic washes and other poor washing techniques as well as just spending their life outside.
Paint Correction is a time intensive process taking anywhere from 30 - 50 plus hours, which involves removing defects and imperfections in paintwork such as heavy swirls marks, deeper scratches, oxidation birdlime and bug etching. This is achieved by using a systematic application of varying grades of cutting compounds and polishes and pads.
With over 20 years experience, dooka can safely and effectively remove these imperfections and something we specialise in. We will remove those unsightly swirls, buffer marks, holograms and oxidation from your vehicles paintwork, not just mask them with products containing fillers.
Before we carry out any paint correction, we inspect and measure the paintwork before and during the process to ensure there is sufficient paint to safely remove any imperfections. We do this by using a ultra sonic paint depth gauge which allows us to measure each individual paint layer. These measurements can also tell us whether the vehicle has had any paint repairs in the past.
We can usually guarantee full correction of at least 95%, subject to paint depths. Paint correction can often eliminate the need fora expensive re-sprays and restore the paintwork to a level that exceeds the original factory finish.
We are able to supply and apply sealants and waxes from such manufacturers as G|Techniq, CarPro, GYEON, Zaino, Swissvax, Polish Angel and more. Ceramic Coatings are at an extra cost.
Estimated time: 5+ Days
Prices start from £1200. (dependant on size and current vehicle condition )
dooka's Stage Three Paint Correction Details include as a minimum:
• Vehicle pre washed in a foam, door, boot and bonnet shuts, grilles, badges and all other little areas are cleaned, the paint work is then thoroughly washed
•Fully decontaminated, Iron and tar deposits removed from vehicle
• A Clay bar is used to remove any other bonded contaminates from paintwork
• Wheels and Wheel arches cleaned
• Vehicle re-washed and dried
• Paint depth readings taken (also shows accident/paint repairs)
• Multiple machine polishing stages - Generally 5 plus stages
• Vehicle wiped down with a panel wipe to make sure surfaces are clean and all oils are removed from paint which can hide minor imperfections.
• 2 layers of a premium sealant or wax [ Zymol, Swissvax, Zaino, Polish Angel ] applied, including front and rear lights
• Door shuts sealed
• Interior cleaned and vacuumed including all surfaces wiped down
• Door seals and rubbers cleaned and protected
• Interior glass cleaned
• Exterior glass cleaned
• Glass rain/water repellent applied to all exterior windows and mirrors, 3 layers on the frontscreen for maximum durability
• Exterior plastics dressed - Sealed with a ceramic trim coating if a ceramic coating is choosen
• All brightwork cleaned and polished
• Stainless steel/chrome cleaned and polished
• Paintwork checked under numerous light sources
• Final inspection to make sure your car meets dooka’s high standards